Exercises 4:
I am dark green. At first glance I seem calm, peaceful and boring, but on closer inspection I am energetic, full of life, active and mysterious like the amazon rain forest. At first glance I seem reserve, dull, shy and quiet like the southern swamps, but I am adventurous, open minded and an observer like the clouds roaming the sky.
Exercise 5:
As I walked into this person room the first thing I notice is the funky smell originating from different parts of the room that came together to form a not so bad and not so pleasant aroma, just a right aroma. There were no pictures or art on the walls just schedules and homework assignments pinned to the wall for reminding. There were different books on the room shelves ranging from religious scriptures, science books, and class required books. There are several clothes in the closet of the person that lives in this room and the clothes have many different colors, but some clothes look worn than others. Upon further inspection this person has no Television in his room, but has a computer and on the screen are folders in no specific orders. After some more observation of the room I suspect that the person that lives in this room is somewhat of a semi-organized person that moves to the beat of his own drum. Could be considered solitary and intellectual person, based on music choices the person is all over the place on the music genre.
Exercise 6: Version 2
Naruto (Older brother): Might not be the brightest tool in the box, but he is a hardworking little brother. He never gives up no matter what other people say or how difficult a task is. He is trying to make is dream true come and find is place in this world, with the gifts bestowed upon him from birth.
Chris Rock (father) : He is a funny son. Always finding laughter in everyday life and finding laughter and smile in the worst of situations. Very optimistic about life and always trying is best to make people laugh. Even though he is hilarious son, he is only funny when he is not trying to be funny.
Galileo (Grandfather): He is such a mentally and physical adventurous grandson. Always trying to figure out how things work. Never settling for the conventional way of thinking and easily fascinated.
Mary J. Blige (Mother): He is a strong will son with a soulful personality. Though he might seem sad or afraid, he is just thinking of ways to overcome his next obstacle in life.
Exercise 7:
1. Sleep. 8 hours ago. Free. Alone. Required. No. No. Slow-paced. Mind, body and spiritual.
2. Eat. 5 minutes ago. Free. Alone. Spontaneously required. No. No. Slow-paced. Mind and body.
3. Play Video games. About a month ago. Free. With someone. Spontaneous. No. No. Both. Mind and Body.
4. Reading. 2 minutes ago. Free. Alone. Both. No. No. Both. all three.
5. Listening to Music. Now. Free. Alone. Spontaneous. No. No. slow-paced. All three.
6. Laughing. This morning. Free. With someone. spontaneous. no. no. both. all three.
7. Working out. This morning. Free. Alone. Planned. no. yes. both. mind and body.
8. Daydream. Few hours ago. free. alone. spontaneous. no. no. slow-paced. mind and spiritual.
9. Watching movies. few days ago. free. with someone. spontaneous. no. no. slow-paced. all three.
10. Cook. yesterday. free. alone. planned. no. yes. slow-paced. mind and body.
11. Scratch an itch. now. free. alone. spontaneous. no. no. fast-paced. mind and body.
12. Swimming. last week. free. with someone. spontaneous. no. yes. both. mind and body.
13. Web browsing. now. free. alone. spontaneous. no. no. both. mind and spiritual.
14. Hangout. 2 days ago. cost. with someone. planned. no. no. slow-paced. mind and body.
15. Space out. now. free. alone. spontaneous. no. no. slow-paced. mind.
16. Work. yesterday. I get pay. with someone. planned. yes. no. fast-paced. mind and body.
17. Watch T.v. two years ago. free. alone. spontaneous. no. no. slow-paced. mind and body.
18. grocery shopping. 4 days ago. cost. alone. planned. no. no. slow-paced. mind and body.
19. play soccer. couple of months ago. free. with someone. spontaneous. yes. no. both. mind and body.
20. Do homework. now. free. alone. planned. no. no. slow-paced. mind and body.
Exercise 8:
My ideal environment would be an environment filled with peace and respect among the different people around me. There are no wars or conflicts. Everyone helps each other without the fear of being sued or repercussion from helping someone. Everyone is allowed to be themselves without the fear of being judged or made fun of. People have respect and are willing to understand people with disabilities instead of staring at people with disabilities or pity them and there family. I will be famous for helping people and also for making people around me feel welcome and happy. I would be living in Africa and enjoying all the natural wonders of the continent, because there are no more wars, conflicts or poverty and every ethnic group gets along with each. Also I will be president of one of the countries in Africa and help the country and other countries in Africa develop and become a global power among developed countries.
Exercise 9:
My ideal will start out with a big breakfast that contains whole grain pancakes with sausage, scrambled egg with a fruit bowl and green tea. ohhhh and pure 100% maple syrup. After breakfast I called up my childhood friends and we meet up at my garage and we put on our space suit get into my costume made space ship and take off from earth into the cosmos. We travel to the 8 planets in our solar system (yea I know I said 8, Pluto is no longer consider a planet, I would explain the reason but I will save that for another day). We went to Neptune and fly past all the clouds and into the planet to see what really is under all those clouds, we did the same with Jupiter and Uranus. After exploring our solar system we head out into other solar systems in our galaxy and look for new planets to explore and discover new clues to how the universe was formed and if there are other life forms on other planets. During our trip through the solar systems of our Galaxy, we spot a couple of planets that have different elemental materials never seen before so me and my friends named them after ourselves. After a couple of hours in our galaxy we return back to earth and have some roast beef with turkey sandwich. After lunch we head back into my costume made spaceship and head back in time to meet some of the most influential people in history such MLK, Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi, Adolf Hilter ( yes I said it ), Albert Einstein and so on. After that we came back into the future and reflected on some of the stuff we have seen so far over some snacks at one of my friends place. Then we head back into my costume made ship and head down to the ocean floor to discover some new remnant of dinosaurs and other species that might shed light on the history of earth and how the dinosaurs of the ocean lived. After some deep ocean exploring we came back to my place. Cooked some spaghetti and meat balls and we reflected and discuss the adventure we had today. After dinner my friends went home and I went to bed.
Exercise 9:
INDISPENSABLE:
What: Physical Exercise
Music
Sense of adventure
Excitement
Acceptance
Where: The world
My room
Who: Friends
Family
OPTIONAL BUT DESIRABLE:
What: Computer
Phone
Where: Living in a peaceful and calm environment where everyone get along.
Who: Older brother
FRILLS:
What: Television
Material things.
Adjusted fantasy day with with only the indispensable elements in it.
On a more realistic day I live in a city and have a job that lets me move around and is not repetitive. Each morning I wake up and help my wife get the kids ready for school. After the kids are off to school I head to work at an hospital as a clinical pharmacist. I will be working with people to see what kind of health issues that they have and try my best to see what type of medication or can be given to alleviate or cure their health issues, and make sure the medication each patient is getting is in the budget range that the patient can afford. After work come back home eat dinner with my family and help mi kids with their homework or take them out to play. After that me and wife will tuck the kids to bed and we talk about how each of our day was.
Elements That I already Have.
In reality I do have a job and it gives me the opportunity to help people. I live in the city and also try my best to help my little siblings with whatever questions they have and I also hangout with them when I am home.
Elements Of My Adjusted Ideal Day that Are Conspicuously Absent From My Life As It Is Now.
What: A career.
where: My own house or apartment.
Who: A girlfriend or wife.
What Stands Between Me and Having MY Ideal Day Tomorrow?
Ummm... I would have to say time, money, and school. For me to get into my career I have to go to graduate school, which requires time and full attention to complete. With that I will be greatly distracted from a social life or have limited social which will have an impact on how and when I meet my future wife and also hinder my time and communication with my immediate family. When I do graduate and I have a career I will have to work long hours to get money, which will also hinder the time I spend with my family and kids.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Idris...I really enjoyed reading your blog this week!! You have a wonderful imagination and I love your ideal day...it was perfect! I also love how you want to be president of an African country. I can see your deep love for Africa and how you want to see it blossom and bloom!! You're a very thoughtful person! I also like that we both chose green!!
ReplyDelete