Sunday, January 25, 2009

Assignment #2

I interview my mother and asked her about my personalities when I was five with the following questions. She said she could not remember much, but she still tried her best.

1. What was I like in the first 5 years of my life?
Mother: You like to go outside a lot and never want to stay in the house. You are always playing outside with friends.
2. What things did I love, what games did I like to play, what did you think was unique about me?
Mother: You love to eat and run around the house, what was unique about you is that you like to read a lot.
3. What did you think I would become when I grew up?
Mother: ..........I do not know a doctor maybe.

This are the reply that I got from my friends about my greatest gifts and strengths.

Friend #1:

i would say you're quiet but attentive

and you're really patient

so that makes you a good listener for someone to talk to

and an understanding person

and also you can handle andy when he is being a jackass.

Friend # 2:

I am being honest
I don't have five friends

Friend # 3 :

Idris is: nice, mellow, a good listener, honest, isn't afraid to be the devil's advocate once in awhile, and keeps cool 24/7 - never loses it.

Friend # 4 :

I'd have to say you're one of the nicest people i know, like genuinely nice. some people like to act nice on the outside but you're truly nice-outside and inside. i think you're just nice because that's who you are. it's almost gay haha you look like you're happy all of the time or at least you smile a lot which is great cause i do and it makes me feel good to be around people that do because i think it shows that you're an optimistic person, even though at times its hard to be. you CAN be funny sometimes when you don't try to be funny. sometimes you ask questions that make it look like you're from another country and experiencing culture shock, i think that's funny. i think these are a few good traits that you have among others that make us great friends.

Friend # 5 :
Did not reply back in time of me posting this, maybe the person will reply by tomorrow.

One of the many activities I love to do when I was a child was stare at the stars and heavens wondering about how the universe works and was created. I was not able to go out this week and do any activity that might be related to the in-class activity, because my schedule does not permit. But I did went to the Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum this past summer with some friends and I remember vividly the experience and feeling of the trip to the museum. When we went to the museum we read facts and information about each planet and solar systems and play with the different displays and modules simulating the experience and feel of being on each planet, but two of my favorite display would have to be the mirror that shows the gravitational pull of a black hole on the human body. The other is going into a big giant ball like structure to look and identify the different star constellations. Being at the museum helped me answer some of the questions that I had when I was a little kid about the universe, but also created more questions. The whole experience also brought out my inner child, because I was able to see some of the other planets up close and see what it would be like to be on the planets and view further into the universe.

I have signed and I am following the blogs of the people in my home group.




2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    since you liked gazing at the stars as a child, and you enjoyed visiting the Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum last summer, you should very seriously think of going into being an astronaut. Now, I can't remember the number of black astronauts but I am sure they must be very few. Bessie Coleman, the first African American pilot will be more than happy to see you become an astronaut. When next I see a rocket shoot into the sky, I will wonder whether you are on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kunlley is definitely right, you should consider that. Its funny though when reading what your friends thought about your gifts and me only knowing you from one class, i got some of the same things they said from being your friend for idk how long! That truly shows that you are indeed true to yourself and always being yourself no matter your surroundings! You are indeed unique in the way that you are quiet, but has alot of interesting things to say.Dont worry though mabey us pintas can bust you out a little(not that im trying to change you, i'm shy too).

    ReplyDelete